My Entire Career Devolves To This…
I want to work at Valve. It’s that simple. I’d explain why, but unless you understand, I can’t.
This manual for new employees just makes me want to work there even more. A company with no hierarchy? At ALL? Mind-blowing. Now I know EXACTLY why their games just feature a long alphabetized list for their credits.
I have to see this. I have to work inside of this. The responsibility is enormous, but all the same, I have to do this.
My entire career now devolves to this: I want to work at Valve. If they won’t have me… guess I strike out on my own?
Oblivion, as I have said before, is a bad game.
Skyrim, as I am now qualified to say, is a MUCH BETTER game. I’ve finished the main, Imperial Legion, and College of Winterhold quest lines, most of the Companions line, and some of the Thieves Guild line. And it’s good stuff. The voice acting is good, the combat is freakin’ great…
Actual review is forthcoming. But it’s good. Trust me.
SOPA Needs to Die
Does anyone here not know about the SOPA (“Stop Online Piracy Act”, and those quotes are intentional) act going through the U.S. Congress right now?
Okay, read this.
Now read this.
SOPA needs to die.
Good. Now, for any Americans out there, go start writing letters. Even if, like myself, you are saddled with some elected representatives that don’t give a d*** what their constituents think, write ‘em anyway.
SOPA’s in the House right now, bill #H.R.3261. Just write one letter and send as many copies of it as you have Representatives.
For any non-Americans out there, follow the examples of these fine people link above and keep telling us how boneheaded we are.
I don’t really need to explain just how destructive this bill could be. Notch and Mr. Walker do a fine job of that in the articles I linked to. Let’s stick a stake through this thing’s heart and be done.
2012: New Year’s Resolutions
- I will self-publish something. Several, if I can get away with it.
- I will review Skyrim & post it up here.
- I will review Dungeons of Dredmor & post it up here.
- I will ramble about Half-Life 2 and Mass Effect 2, & post it up here.
- I will reduce the amount of time I spend on [omitted].
- I will play Mass Effect 3 to 100% completion.
- I will not scream at the lack of Half-Life 3. Too much.
- I will read the Chaos Walking trilogy.
- I will make my own pen-&-paper RPG system. Expect it to be primitive and/or simple. But expect to see it.
And thank goodness for post scheduling.